SUNBEAMsystem is a market leader in high-performance solar panels for the most demanding circumstances. Most popular applications include the professional marine yachting industry and extreme off-grid environments, ranging from both arctic to tropical climates.
Tough has become even Tougher
All our models have been structurally improved with stronger and more sturdy cell protection.
Inside the Tough solar panel
The name “Tough” in our solar panels represents their exceptional durability and longevity, as well as their enhanced energy output, thanks to the numerous innovative components that make up the panel.
• Featuring exceptional UV-durability, surpassing the MAXA range and other high-end industry standard panels.
• SUNPOWER cells provide the foundation for exceptional performance, but by selecting even higher-grade cells than the standard SUNPOWER cells, we consistently achieve top results in independent tests. The difference in refinement levels among these cells is quite significant. While the cells used in MAXA and other high-end industry standard solar panels with standard SUNPOWER cells are good enough, upgrading to higher-grade cells offers improvements in each step up in the product range.
• See the comparison table down the page.
• Engineered for exceptional durability and high outputs, our solar panels feature backup pathways and heavy-duty cabling designed to withstand power surges and temperature fluctuations. This unique design is not found in other solar panels on the market.
• Combines a soft top layer with a rigid bottom, effectively dampening shocks from above. Proper installation can even absorb the energy from a hammer dropped from a height.
Our superior stiffening method surpasses competitor standards:
• Addresses solar curve & attachment-induced material fatigue
• Prevents heat-related reshaping, zigzagging, & associated microfractures
• Improves adaptability to surface irregularities
• Offers extra protection during installation
With each product level elevation, four improvement aspects of solar cells are augmented:
– Longevity – Improved durability in various challenging conditions, especially in partially shaded environments, leading to a longer lifespan.
– Shadow optimized boost – High-end cells reduce heat and power loss during partial shading, further enhancing the unique Shadow Optimizing™ technology, providing an even higher power boost.
– Efficiency – The higher the efficiency, the greater your output on the same surface area under all conditions.
– Aesthetics – Deep Black, Even Colored Cells on the High-Performance Solar Cells.
5 YEARS WARRANTY
SUNBEAMsystem combines the best technology, with the best solar cells and special materials. In order to create the best Series of solar panels that will last in Tough environments. As a result, a very attractive range of solar panels with an incredible 5-year warranty.
Got a question?
Please, check our F.A.Q. section placed on the right. If you don’t find what you are looking for, please visit our extended F.A.Q. page.
About Our Solar Panels
Choose the correct model for the intended use.
- Foldable solar panels for temporary use.
- Carbon & QuickFix for Canvas use.
- Flush models for permanent fitting on a hard & even surface.
Wrongful use might render damages to the solar panel.
Read our fitting instructions.
SUNBEAMsystem has a model for every need (except for the very cheap solar panels). Every price segment has higher quality and more innovative features compared to the others.
The best tip we can offer is to compare our models as you would when comparing them with competitors.
- Build Quality \ Component Quality \ Expected lifetime \ Warranty
- Efficiency \ Watt per surface
- Output in partial shadowing situations
- Usability \ How to integrate \ How to fit
Hopefully, this will help you in finding the most suitable model for you.
For the best possible output, we do recommend connecting several solar panels in parallel. The connection in parallel will also safeguard the best possible life expectancy of the solar panels.
On a surface, with often recurring shadowing it is smart to be able to spread out the solar panels. Hence several solar panels spread out are most often much better than a big one.
For a very big surface, group similar panels and have one solar charge controller per group.
Another tip is to choose a charge controller that works well with solar panels in parallel. A solar charge controller that allows the true potential of the solar panels when connected in parallel. Read more about it in our extended F.A.Q.
The nice thing with a Yacht or motorhome is that it already has a battery and the power “infrastructure” in place. You only need to hook up the solar panels via a charge controller.
In general, it is very easy to install a solar panel. What might be somewhat complicated is to find the way where to route the cable. If that seems too overwhelming, then consider a temporary solution. One mobile solution is to use our Tough Fold + Mini-R Charge Controller.
If you are not sure where to start, don’t worry, check our extended F.A.Q. page.